The website www.msf.gr belongs to Médecins Sans Frontières– Greek Section (hereinafter also mentioned as: “Médecins Sans Frontières”), who manage it. Médecins Sans Frontières is an independent, medical, humanitarian, philanthropic association, based at Ampelokipi (Mavili Square), Xenias 15, tel. 210-5200500, TIN 090077800, IB’ Tax Office of Athens.
Médecins Sans Frontières is committed to protect the personal data of visitors/users of the www.msf.gr website and to comply with the relevant provisions of EU law, inter alia, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU/2016/679) and of national legislation, such as Law 2472/1997 “on the protection of the individual from the processing of personal data”, as applicable, as well as the guidelines of the Personal Data Protection Authority. For this reason, information on personal data of visitors/users is not collected through this website unless they voluntarily provide them.
In any case, it is not required to provide data that constitutes personal data for simple navigation on www.msf.gr.
Please note that this Policy applies only to the msf.gr website and not to the websites of other organizations with which we may be linked with or that are associated with us. Moreover, this Policy addresses online contacts between you and Médecins Sans Frontières.
Personal data: Full name (optional) and email (required).
Processing Terms: If you choose to sign up for the Newsletter, Médecins Sans Frontières and their partners (especially the providers of electronic communication platforms – each for the part that has been assigned to them, The Rocket Science Group/MailChimp, with its seat in the United States, 675 Ponce De Leon, Ave NE STE 5000 Atlanta, Georgia, 30308-1829, the company P.MELISSAROPOULOS & Co. Software Services, 161 Marathonos Avenue, Gerakas 15344, tel.: 211 8508505, https://www.moosend.com/privacy-policy/ will record and use your e-mail address (and possibly your full name, if you send it) solely in order to send you the Newsletter, as well as periodic updates on the actions of Médecins Sans Frontières and the ways you can choose to support those actions, if you wish.
The Newsletter’s mission is not personal and confidential correspondence, it is an informative action and its content can be read, for the purpose of checking compliance with the law, by the provider of the electronic communication platform (see below under B.).
If at any time you want to request your deletion from the Newsletter and the related list created, or change your personal information, you can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, whenever you receive the Newsletter in your email, you can select the “unsubscribe” command and cancel your subscription by following the instructions (see more in detail under C).
Personal data: name and last name, email, phone number, fax, and mailing address.
Terms of processing: Your online donations are made through the PayPal and Vivapayments secure money transfer service. Therefore, your credit or debit card details (card holder's name, as shown on the card, card number, ccv number and expiration date) will be registered by “PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.” with its registered office in Luxembourg, bld Royal no. 22-24, L-2449 and “Viva Payments SA” with the distinctive title “Viva Payments”, with its seat in Maroussi, at Amaroussiou - Halandriou street, no. 18-20, who are responsible for the security of your data.
Médecins Sans Frontières retains only the user's personal information in order to communicate with him/her (not the credit or debit card details), to issue and send his/her donation receipts and if the user creates an account on the website (optional, if he/she wishes, and at his/her request) to inform him/her about the donations he/she has made through the website.
Personal data: name, last name, email, phone number, fax, mailing address, and the user's donation history through the website.
Processing Terms: Through the account, the user has the possibility to be informed of his/her payments. The user's account is optionally created if the user so desires and at the request of the user.
Personal data: name, last name, date of birth, email, phone number, fax, mailing address
In specific parts of the website there are communication forms or forms of interest of the users, for actions in which they are invited to participate to, in order to support the organization.
Médecins Sans Frontières maintains the user's personal information to communicate with him/her and to facilitate his/her participation in events such as the Athens Marathon.
Médecins Sans Frontières maintains the above data solely for the purposes stated, ie revenue management, better communication, information for their actions and for statistical purposes.
Médecins Sans Frontières safeguards the personal data of subscribers and supporters and do not transmit it to any third party (natural or legal person) for any reason, unless provided for by the law. We do not share the information you have given us with unrelated or non-affiliated groups. We may share some of your personal data with our database administrators/support companies, with our suppliers - for the sole purpose of helping us complete the Médecins Sans Frontières' work and actions as detailed on our website. These teams do not share your personal data and do not use them for any purpose other than what our instructions dictate.
When providing personal data to Médecins Sans Frontières, we take steps to ensure that your data management is secure. In particular, we apply specific technical and organizational security procedures (see below under H) in order to protect your rights concerning the processing of your personal data and to prevent accidental loss or destruction and unauthorized and/or unauthorized access to them.
The processors who support Médecins Sans Frontières in the operation of the website are implementing similar technical and organizational security procedures.
Unfortunately, no data transfer over the Internet is guaranteed to be 100% secure. This means that, even though we are trying to protect you from the illegal processing of your personal data, Médecins Sans Frontières cannot ensure or guarantee the security of the data you transfer to us and you do so at your own risk.
In any case, however, we will not transfer personal data to other individuals or legal entities unless we are required to disclose it to public or private entities because of their relationship with legal actions, court summons, inquiry or similar proceedings (see also under F).
Médecins Sans Frontières shall keep the above data only for the time strictly necessary for the purposes for which they are collected and processed.
If the purpose of the collection and processing is done or if you request that we no longer contact you, your absolutely necessary personal data will be retained in a special file in order not to disturb you again.
Data subjects have the following rights:
(a) Right of access/information: upon request to Médecins Sans Frontières, the subject has the right to be informed and to verify the legality of the processing.
b) Right of correction: upon request to Médecins Sans Frontières, the subject has the right to correct, update or modify any inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning him/her.
c) Right to receive a copy: upon request of the subject, Médecins Sans Frontières provides him/her with an electronic or other copy of the personal data it holds for him/her.
(d) Right to withdraw consent: following a statement, the subject may withdraw his/her consent to the processing of his/her personal data in the future. Such statement does not affect the processing already carried out.
(e) Right to erasure (right to be forgotten): upon request of the subject, Médecins Sans Frontières must permanently delete the personal data concerning him/her. However, if personal data is necessary for Médecins Sans Frontières to fulfill their statutory obligations, they will be deleted only after the statutory holding period.
(f) Right to data portability: upon request of the subject, Médecins Sans Frontières transfers his/her personal data to the subject in order for a third party to process it and then permanently deletes it from its records.
(g) Right to object to data processing: the subject may object to the processing of his/her personal data in the future, provided that there are no legitimate grounds for further processing.
h) Right of complaint to the Authority for the Protection of Personal Data: The subject has the right to complain to the said authority www.dpa.gr, phone number: +302106475600, fax: +30210 6475628, email: email@example.com.
To exercise any of these rights the visitor/user can send an email to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by phone at 2105200500 or via fax at 2105200503 or finally, to communicate directly with the Data Protection Officer (DPO) online at email@example.com
The request by which the visitor/user exercises his/her abovementioned rights must be satisfied by Médecins Sans Frontières within fifteen (15) days starting from its dispatch.
The cookies we use do not collect or store personal data about you or data about how you used the website in the past. The cookies that the website uses can not identify your identity. They simply provide us with anonymous information to understand what points of the website are of interest to the visitors.
Social network cookies
There are also social network cookies on the website that are placed by social networking providers so you can share the content of the website with other users. Most browsers accept cookies by default, but you can usually configure your browser to refuse to accept cookies or to selectively accept cookies. If you disable the acceptance of cookies, certain features provided on our website may not be available while some webpages may not be displayed correctly.
Médecins Sans Frontières allows access to the personal data of the data subjects only to the suitably informed and trained staff, in accordance with the Regulation and the other abovementioned legislation. Access is allowed to the extent necessary to achieve the abovementioned processing purposes and to the personnel responsible for processing the data.
Access may also be granted to authorized associates of Médecins Sans Frontières, such as technical support companies and suppliers, for the sole purpose of helping Médecins Sans Frontières to carry out its work and actions as mentioned in detail on the website.
Médecins Sans Frontières guarantees that it will not disclose personal data to other unauthorized natural or legal persons unless they are under an obligation, provided by law, court order or administrative act.
As mentioned above (under A.1.), Médecins Sans Frontières cooperates with providers of electronic communication platforms - each for the part that has been assigned to them, The Rocket Science Group/MailChimp, with its seat in the United States, 675 Ponce De Leon, Ave NE STE 5000 Atlanta, Georgia, 30308-1829, and P.MELISSAROPOULOS & Co. Software Services, 161 Marathonos Avenue, Gerakas 15344, tel.: 211 8508505, https://www.moosend.com/privacy-policy/.
The above processors are limited to record and use your e-mail address (and possibly your full name if you send it) for the sole purpose of sending you the Médecins Sans Frontières Newsletter, as well as periodic updates on the actions of the Médecins Sans Frontières and the ways you can choose to support those actions, if you wish.
Médecins Sans Frontières reserves the right to cooperate with technical support companies as mentioned in E. solely for the purpose of improving the website's specifications.
Médecins Sans Frontières is committed to ensure maximum safety of privacy and of the data that it collects from the website.
The website uses the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security protocol. SSL uses methods to securely exchange data, by establishing a secure internet connection and by preventing malicious actions. The browser used by the user informs him/her that he/she is on a secured website through the symbol of the SSL certificate and guarantees the secure exchange of data.
The modular Drupal content management system, in which the website is based on, follows strict security rules, beginning from the way of checking the modules available for use, to the way of publishing and correcting security gaps that are detected. In addition, the technical support team takes appropriate measures to protect the website from malicious actions and to prevent interference from software that may cause personal data damage and/or leakage.
If you have any questions about the present Policy, your personal data or the practices of this website, you can send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact through phone at 210 5200500 or directly with the DPO at email@example.com
The use of this website is permitted under the following terms and conditions:
1. You agree that you will use this website only for legitimate purposes and in a manner that does not violate the rights, nor will it limit or prohibit the use and enjoyment of the website by any third party. Messages displaying one or more of the following attributes are strictly forbidden:
• Content unlawful, harmful or damaging, such as defamatory, abusive, violent, vulgar, pornographic, or violating the personality and privacy of third parties.
• Content that causes harm to minors.
• Content contrary to morality or public policy.
• Content that constitutes spam (unsolicited commercial communication - advertising).
• Direct or indirect commercial advertisements and generally promotional actions of persons, products or services.
• Insulting or deceptive references to natural or legal persons or to protected distinctive features (trademarks, brands, business distinctive titles, etc.), the interception or generally violation of third party privacy (such as publication, collection and/or storage of personal data of other users), the imitation of any legal or natural person or false statement about the identity of the user.
• Publishing or reporting links to illegal software or methods of disabling software protection as well as any other content (images, music tracks, etc.) of material that infringes copyrights, as well as "peertopeer" links.
• Content or files containing harmful material (viruses, etc.).
• References or links to other websites with illegal or harmful content.
2. Website content and services, images, graphics, photographs, any available drafts, texts and generally all of the website's files are protected under the relevant provisions of national law, EU law and international conventions. None of these may wholly or partly be sold, copied, modified, reproduced, republished or transmitted or distributed in any way except in the case of the individual storage only of a single copy of a portion of the content in a simple personal computer for non-commercial, personal or academic/educational use, and in this case only by indicating their origin from the website, without affecting in any way the relevant intellectual property rights. The names, images, logos, and distinctive features representing the website or third parties and their products or services are exclusively trademarks of the website or of third parties, protected by the relevant trademark and copyright laws. The visitor/user of the website understands and accepts that they are not allowed to copy, commercially exploit, sell, resell, reproduce, distribute in any way and in any medium, all or part of the content of the website. If you need more information about using the content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Any communication or material that you transmit to us through the website, or transmit or post to any public space on the website, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas or other alike, is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-exclusive information.
4. The above terms and conditions of use of the website, as well as any modification, change or alteration thereof, are governed by and complemented by Greek law, EU law and the relevant international treaties. Any provision of these terms becomes legally inapplicable and will be automatically withdrawn from the present, without in any case undermining the validity of the other terms.
5. If these terms and conditions are not fully accepted, the use of this website must be terminated immediately.
6. The views of users of this website are not necessarily those of Médecins Sans Frontières.
Last update on 21/08/2018.