Project: MSF Europe Migrations
Location: Samos, Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 month contract (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. MSF in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrant populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
Providing psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behaviour during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
- Essential degree or diploma in Psychology.License to practice as psychologist in Greece.
- Essential 2 years’ experience minimum asa Psychologist.
- Desirable previous experience with group sessions
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries.
- French Language, English language is mandatory.
- Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Stress Management
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Health Insurance
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code “Psychologist Samos” in the subject line of the e-mail at MSFCH-Samos-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org.
Closing date: 26/05/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted