Project: MSF Europe Migration/Balkan Projects
Location: Samos / frequent visit to Athens, Greece
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 month contract (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSFstandards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
· Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSFprotocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
· Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
· Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
· Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
· Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
· Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
· Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
· Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
Education Essential, degree of pharmacy management or nursing related studies., or medical profile
Experience At least 1 year certified work experience as a pharmacy manager
Languages Mission language and local language essential
Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Results and Quality Orientation L2
Teamwork and Cooperation L2
Behavioural Flexibility L2
Commitment to MSF Principles L2
Stress Management L3
· Full time position
· Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
· Private insurance
Please send your CV and Motivation letter in English quoting reference code “Pharmacy Supervisor Athens” in the subject line of the e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10/04/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted