Position: Medical Doctor
Project: MSF Europe Migration/ Balkan Projects
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries and following a migration route via Greece and the Balkans towards Northern Europe.
Provide outpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries suffering from general primary health conditions, including Non Communicable Disease (NCD), according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Guides daily activities of the NCD/PHC team in the clinic
- Do medical consultations; apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and treat medical conditions and prevent complications. In particular to manage patients who have been victims of previous violence.
- Identification of referrals and communication with referral team to ensure correct referrals
- Provide rational prescription of medication and ensure together with nursing staff that the patient receives appropriate treatment
- Patient education and provision of medical information
- Provide medical certificates to patients when indicated
- Participate in the collection and analysis of programme data, checking its validity and informing the line manager on findings and/or problems, complications or medical error. Monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training on MSF protocols to MSF staff and if relevant to staff of other organisations
- Support to Sexual and Reproductive Health department & Mental Health department when indicated.
- Ensure successful referrals (planning of appointments, discussion with other medical doctors or specialists, ensure transportation with logistics department etc) to other health actors (public hospital, IKA clinic, private specialists etc) according to the need of the patient.
- Follow-up on results of the referrals and communicates with referring MD
- Data collection and analysis on referrals and outcome of referrals and encoding the databases related to this data
- Education: Medical Doctor Diploma and licence to practice in Greece
- Minimum of 2 years medical clinical experience as MD, in General Practitioner work/Chronic diseases
- Experience and/or interest in mental health activities
- Experience in working with vulnerable populations and victims of violence is an asset
- Languages: English language essential, French is an asset
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential, Word and Excel
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- No relocation package
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English at the following email address, quoting reference code "Medical Doctor Lesbos" in the subject line of the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 25/08/2017
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted