Project: MSF Balkan Mission/ Lesvos Projects
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration:3 months (high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
Implement Health Promotion/IEC (Information, Education, and Communication) activities with patients and local population to raise their knowledge and skills on relevant medical topics.
- Inform patients and communities about MSF and the services it provides.
- According to medical priorities, deliver information to the patients and community on specific health topics.
- Implement activities of health education and awareness (sessions in the clinic, community centers, other spaces), under the indications and supervision of the Health Promotion Supervisor, including sessions about mental health.
- Under the guide of Health Promotion Supervisor, assess the impact of activities (with questions, verifications and behavior observations), and report problems, successes and constraints to him/her.
- Collect all type of information related to specific health and living conditions of the population, in particular to identify the most vulnerable populations to target.
- Report to Health Promotion Supervisor activities, problems met, strengths and constraints.
- Education: Desirable diploma in social sciences, communication, nursing or teaching.
- Experience: Desirable 1 year of previous experience in MSF and/or previous experience in other NGOs.
- Languages: Essential French and English. Lingala is an asset.
- Competencies: Commitment to MSF’s Principles, Behavioral Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Service Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Full time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV and a cover letter in English to the following email address, quoting reference code "HP French Lesvos" in the subject line of the e-mail: email@example.com
Closing Date: 26/02/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted