Project: MSF Europe Migration/Balkan Projects
Starting Date: Immediately
Duration: 3 months (with high possibility of extension)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide. The MSF-Mission in Greece provides humanitarian and medical assistance to the refugee and migrants populations fleeing conflict in their home countries.
Support MSF medical staff to ensure the provision of high quality medical services.
- Assure the translation between the medical doctor and the patient in his/her mother tongue.
- Support all the medical activities as well as health promotion activities when needed
- Accompany beneficiaries to health and social care facilities as needed to facilitate interpretation and service provision.
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Fluency in French & Lingala is mandatory (spoken & written)
- English language is mandatory.
- Previous working experience desirable, with MSF or other NGOs.
- Valid residence and work permit for Greece essential.
- Training in interpretation or intercultural mediation an asset.
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Computer literacy an asset.
- Full- time position
- Annual gross salary: According to MSF Salary Policy
- Private insurance
Please send your CV in English quoting reference code “French / Lingala CM Samos" in the subject line of the e-mail at: MSFCH-Samos-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org
Closing Date: 26/05/2020
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted